Fill in the form below to support full fibre broadband in Lower Froyle!
Read our Frequently Asked Questions for all the details.
You have to sign up to a full fibre service for a year to qualify for a Community Fibre Partnership voucher. The new service must:
- - deliver a minimum of 30 Mbps to your premises; and
- - deliver at least a doubling of your existing speed, or 100 Mbps, whichever is lower.
We can help you determine the broadband service you would need - drop us an email.
You must sign up to a full fibre service within 12 months of voucher issue, and no later than two months from the completion date of network installation. Otherwise the voucher becomes invalid and OpenReach may claim the value back from the community.
You must also respond to the two emails you will receive from the Government Community Fibre Partnership team within 28 days. These emails will be:
- 1. for you to confirm your voucher can be used for network build
- 2. after installation of your full fibre service, for you to confirm it is installed.
By filling in this form you give the Froyle Fibre team permission to:
- - hold this information for the purposes of coordination of the Community Fibre Partnership for Lower Froyle, and for them to contact you in the future regarding this.
- - pass your details to the Government Community Fibre Partnership team, for them to contact you by e-mail to confirm assignment of your Community Fibre Partnership Gigabit Broadband Voucher, and installation of a full fibre broadband service.
- - pass your details to OpenReach for the purposes of building a full fibre broadband network.